Hey guys! Today I’ll be talking about something a little different. I recently heard about this company called Glambot.
Basically, you can send them your used makeup now, the money you get is a significantly lower amount that retail, because it’s used. But for blogger like me, who tend to hoard stuff, I thought I would give it a try.
Here’s what typically happens to makeup I own (Especially palettes, for some reason):
- I get the item.
- I swatch it for you guys.
- I play with it once or twice.
- It sits on my shelf collecting dust.
This is where Glambot comes in.
Don’t get overly excited! There are some rules.
- Accepted brands only (listed on site)
- Not expired
- At least 50% of product left
- Packaging is in good condition
- Brushes clean or new only
- No lashes, skincare, bags, or items with reusable applicators (think mascara and lipgloss)
- You have to send at least 20 items (30 for international)
There’s even a calculator on the site where you can get an estimate on what you’ll receive for each item.
I decided to give it a go. I requested a label from them, which is very easy and quick. Then I set about choosing what to send. I have a ton of stuff I could sell, but I wanted simply to try it for you all. Then, if it’s any good, maybe I’ll continue the service. Here’s what I sent:
- Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm
- Sephora Lipsticks in Crush, Flamingo, Jealous
- NARS Lipsticks in Jungle Red, Joyous Red, Mayflower
- Gerard Cosmetics Lipstick in Underground
- Too Faces Mystical Highlighter in Unicorn Tears
- NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Callisto
- Violet Voss Glitters in Coppertini, The Fair, Rosalind, Teresa, Taylor, Hella Amazing, Kona, Penny
- Ben Nye Sparklers in Brilliant Purple, Black Diamond, Fire Red
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin
- Ben Nye Lumiere Luxe Powders in Indian Copper,
- MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Tan
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cosmetic Colour Pencil in Pool Boy
- Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation in Light
- BH Cosmetics Wild and Radiant Baked Illuminating and Bronzing Palette
- Morphe Palettes: 12P, 12NB, 9B, 9BZ, 35S, 06F, 06PC
- NARS Steven Klein One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette
- BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil 30 Color Eyeshadow Palette
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel 10 Color Eyeshadow and 4 Color Highlighter Palette
- Violet Voss x Laura Lee Eyeshadow Palette
- Violet Voss Drenched Metal Eyeshadow Palette
- Violet Voss Highlighting Powders Palette
- Anastasia Shadow Couture World Traveler Eyeshadow Palette
So I will let you guys know how it goes! See you soon!
This is not a sponsored post. Some of the items mentioned above may have been sent to me for consideration or given to me as employee gratis. Some may also have been purchased using an affiliate or employee discount. This in no way affects my opinion. As always, any opinions stated above are solely my own.